Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Night Videos

Opus hit it really big in 1985. Unfortunately, I'm not talking about the penguin from Bloom County. Instead, it was a one-hit-wonder band that seemingly dominated the airwaves with a single titled "Live is Life." It featured some of the most in-depth and complex lyrics of any song, ever (read: sarcasm), yet you can also sing along the classic "Mnah-Mnah" to the tune. How genius is that? In any event, I wasn't a big fan of this song when it was a hit way back when, and unlike other music from that era, I haven't warmed to it in the intervening years. But it brings back memories and the video gives us ample opportunity to point and laugh, so how could I not run it?



Previously on Friday Night Videos... They Might Be Giants.

Now Playing:

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember this band at all. Not a bad tune.

    ReplyDelete