Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Night Videos

I missed the past couple of weeks posting my Friday video feature, because holidays. But I'm back in the saddle now with Jann Arden's 1995 hit "Insensitive." I've always been taken with the lyrical structure and narrative construct of this song, but until I went searching on YouTube for it, I'd never seen the video. I have to say, it is chock-full of striking imagery--eyeball kicks if I'm applying the Turkey City Lexicon--but really, once you get right down to it, the guy's actions in the video aren't those of an insensitive guy, are they? Quite the opposite, I'd say.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Kinks.

Now Playing: Django Reinhardt Classic Jazz Archive
Chicken Ranch Central

1 comment:

  1. Jamye,

    Thanks for this. I've never heard the song or of the artist. I will probably sample some more albums to see how the rest of her work strikes me.

    ReplyDelete