Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I first heard the Hollies' "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" in the spring of 1989 and completely fell in love with it. It took me quite a few more years, however, to appreciate the fact that it was probably the greatest John Fogerty homage ever recorded, even though Fogerty despised the song and even tried to sue the Hollies. I'd love to hear a Fogerty cover, but that'll never happen, as John does like to hold his grudges. Apart from that, this video clearly shows that 80s rockers weren't the only ones who made poor fashion decisions. (Huh. Looks like I already ran this one back in 2009... but I don't actually remember doing so, and I'm in a Hollies mood, so we'll go with the repeat).

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Def Leppard.

Now Playing: Billy Joel Cold Spring Harbor
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment