Friday, November 11, 2005

Bleary

Calista woke up last night around 2 a.m. vomiting. The spell passed quickly, but at 3 a.m. she was vomiting again. Then again at 3:30, 4, 4:30 and 6:30. After the first two incidents, it was mostly dry heaves for a minute or two and then everything was fine. Needless to say, I'm running on very little sleep today.

Unfortunately, we ran into a bug very similar about two years back. Lisa and the girls were visiting friends in College Station, whose kids were just getting over it. Within 24 hours, Lisa and Keela were both vomiting in the pattern outlined above, and I had to drive in to help take care of them. By that evening, Lisa and Keela were pretty much over it, but Calista started that night. By lunch the next day, I was blowing chunks myself.

It's a very infectious type of virus, one that makes life particularly nasty for 6-10 hours and then just goes away. I plan to eat lightly today, because, you know, there's no escaping this thing. I'm not looking forward to tonight at all.

Now Playing: Billy Joel Glass Houses

No comments:

Post a Comment