Monday, October 23, 2006

Say buddy, can you spare an InterWeb?

For anyone trying to email me at my non-Hotmail account, it's not your imagination. Emails is bouncing off that in-box, much to my chagrin. And even more to my chagrin, I've gotten word that EV1.net, the ultra-cheap ISP that has allowed me to peruse the wonders of cyberspace for the better part of four years--not to mention has played host to my website during that time--is ditching the ISP aspect of its business to concentrate on corporate web hosting. Which means I'm hosed.

People PC, EV1's contracted replacement service which takes over Nov. 1, isn't acceptable for my needs. So, I have little more than a week to come up with a new ISP/web host thingy. Preferrably one that won't lose interest after a few years. And cheap. Cheap is big with me. This may be the kick in the proverbial pants that gets me to commit to DSL or somesuch, not to mention take the plunge and buy an actual domain. Thus far, after looking only briefly, AT&T surprisingly seems to offer the most attractive package for my wants and needs. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Now Playing: Billy Joel 2000 Years-Millenium Concert

No comments:

Post a Comment