Monday, January 15, 2007

Brrrrrr....

Okay, I know for you folks living up in the Great White North this is no great shakes, but it's 33 degrees right now and falling. The temps haven't climbed above 40 for three days, and it's been raining steadily since Friday. It's expected to drop to freezing by lunch, and continue a downward trek for the next 36 hours or so. Sleet, freezing rain and snow are expected.

I tell you, friends, this is a veritable apocalypse in these here parts. Schools, businesses and universities are expected to be shut down tomorrow, and maybe into Wednesday as well. Were I of a mind to, around about 6 a.m. tomorrow I could trek the mile or so over to I-35 and count all the vehicles that've slid off the road. Even money says I'd spot at least a dozen on the stretch of road visible to me.

And thus winter comes to Texas. Oh well. At least my fruit trees are getting the chill hours they need in order to fruit. I didn't even get plums last year...

Now Playing: Emerson, Lake & Palmer The Return of the Manticore

No comments:

Post a Comment