Thursday, November 13, 2008

Photo shoot with model

Tonight I had my first real photo shoot with a real, live model. At least, a model I wasn't immediately related to. Laura, a classmate in 2D Design agreed to help me out with a few of my "New Braunfels After Dark" shots, since I've found they work better with people in them than without. This was for my black & white film photography class, but midway through our pell-mell dash from one site to another, I pulled out my digital camera to take some test shots to find the best angle and framing for a picture on San Antonio Street in downtown New Braunfels. I wasn't expecting any of these to turn out well, but I was pleasantly surprise with this:

Laura_Heckendorn_WEB


Yes, it's a little soft, but it's not at all bad considering I shot using only available light. Laura's easy-going and the camera likes her, so I hope we're able to get together and do something else in the future.

Now Playing:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:45 AM

    I actually like this picture very much. Its very soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it a lot, too. I'm just kicking myself for not putting much effort into this one because it was only a test shot. The black car right behind her is in almost perfect focus, while she's just a little too soft.

    If I get a chance to do something like this again, I'll be better prepared. A slight amount of fill flash (or a reflector) would help, too.

    ReplyDelete