Monday, February 09, 2009

First Born

Hookay, The Wife tagged me with this "First Born" meme, which means I'm morally obligated to answer lest she put me out. Even though these questions are obviously intended for women only. Such is my life.

The idea is to answer the following questions about your first born and then tag other mommies to do the same.

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Relieved -- she'd been driving me nuts about it.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
28

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
The Wife started bouncing off the ceiling like a Warner Bros. cartoon.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My parents

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
No, but I didn't have a say in the matter

9. DUE DATE?
Nov. 19

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No. Neither did the wife--instead, she opted for the 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, for-the-duration sickness.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
I craved the time when I could fix something as exotic as unflavored oatmeal and not have her scream "What's that horrid stench!?"

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Everything, because everything irritated The Wife. I seriously considered finding her a sensory deprivation tank.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
I dunno. But The Wife lost significant weight through the first half of the pregnancy because of the relentless nausea.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes. I had to attend some of them as well.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
Being a supportive husband doesn't extend to remembering stuff like this.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Unrelenting nausea.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Scott & White in Temple

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
6 or so

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
I drove The Wife.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
I was the lone spectator. No Junior Mints were available, though.

23. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION?
Vaginal

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
The Wife got an epidural, and then vowed never to suffer that--or pitocin--ever again.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
7 lbs 5 ounces

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
November 23

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Calista Felice

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
10

Now Playing: Jimmy Buffett Boats, Beaches, Bars & Ballads

No comments:

Post a Comment