Friday, September 16, 2011

42: Don't Panic!

Today I am 42. I have not been known for aging gracefully, but I am embracing this year's birthday because it is the last cool number I'm likely to encounter for quite some time. Understanding the profound significance 42 holds for geekdom, behold my birthday cake The Wife made:

Don't Panic! Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy birthday cake


It is okay to be jealous. Also, The Wife bowled me over with an early birthday present a week or so back. Behold my new Canon 7D:

Lisa On Location Canon 7D


Again, it's okay to be jealous. That gift, although mightily impressive, isn't entirely altruistic on her part. Since she had my Canon XTi converted to full-time infrared as an anniversary gift, we've been short enough cameras for both of us to shoot independently with emergency backup bodies. This camera fills that need, and indeed got quite a heavy workout last Saturday shooting a wedding at Chapel Dulcinea.

So yeah, I've got my towel, and am feeling like a hoopy frood. Don't panic!

Now Playing: Talking Heads Remain in Light
Chicken Ranch Central

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday you young whippersnapper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And today I'm 59, so I can tell you from a few more miles down the road, it's a nice trip. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete