Sunday, November 06, 2011

Chicken Ranch report no. 5

This past week has been tough on the writing front. Not much progress simply because too many other things have gobbled up my free minutes like Pac-Man munching so many glowing dots. Some of these time sinks have been good, such as photographing weddings and the like with The Wife, or doing reading homework with my youngest. Others have been bad, like the upstairs toilet overflowing overnight and completely flooding the garage. Throw in some much-needed fun, like Halloween and back yard astronomy, and my week was gone, just like that. Fortunately, I was able to grab some quality time at the keyboard this evening. Yay! Here's a sample of what I got down:
The saloon was in a prime location to take advantage of the abundance of thirsty, road-weary travelers, and as a matter of course offered several rooms to rent. It is here Mrs. Swine took up residence with her girls, and the saloon operated continuously as a brothel for at least the next 50 years.
The good news is that I'm back on track. The bad news is that I'm already behind my self-imposed schedule. I need to double-time it this week if I'm going to finish the current chapter and the next before the end of the month. And I suspect Thanksgiving won't let me have a whole lot of free time for writing...

Now Playing: Count Basie The Atomic Mr. Basie
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment