Thursday, December 15, 2011

Power women!

Lord help me, I've been sucked into a meme. When someone posted on George Takei's Facebook wall an updated image with Star Trek Voyager's Captain Janeway of all people, I lost it. This will put me on many folks' black list, but I've always found Janeway one of the milquetoast captains in the Star Trek universe (outdone only by Enterprise's Archer). So I couldn't help but double down with Ivanova. Click to get the bigger version.
My initial reaction was to go with Aeryn Sun, being the Farscape fan that I am. But how could I argue with Ivanova's quote?

Ultimately, though, one thing remains clear. Be they fans of Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Buffy or Farscape, everyone is united in their utter contempt for Twilight and dumb-ass sparkly vampires.

Now Playing: AC/DC Who Made Who
Chicken Ranch Central

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:17 PM

    ...Did you just call Janeway timid? You really need to take a psychology class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I did, and I stand by that assessment. With the exception of a handful of episodes--including the series finale--Janeway dithers and frets and ponders. What was set up to be a powerful and decisive character is watered down by bad writing. Indeed, the entire Voyager experience is a resounding disappointment. Kate Columbo is better written than Kate Janeway. Fortunately, Paramount decided to double down on everything that didn't work on Voyager and gave us Enterprise, so Janeway at least isn't the most milquetoast of Starfleet captains. That dubious honor goes to Archer.

    ReplyDelete