Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday Night Videos

I have to confess, it's a little awkward looking for a Monkees song to commemorate Davey Jones' untimely death this week, only to discover that Mickey Dolenz handled lead vocals on all my favorites. Well, fine. That just means I'll have to go with the obvious choice, "Daydream Believer," which is still a great song although a little on the sappy side. I first got into the Monkees back in 1986, when they had their first big reunion and scored a hit with "That Was Then, This Is Now" (another Dolenz vocal, by the way) and in college watched their TV show when MTV aired reruns in the late '80s. I never found them laugh-out-loud funny, but their goofy antics were endlessly entertaining.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Greg Kihn Band.

Now Playing: ZZ Top Tres Hombres
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment