Friday, May 04, 2012

Friday Night Videos

I just saw where Adam Yauch--better known by his stage name of "MCA"--of the Beastie Boys has died after a battle with cancer. My first inclination is to memorialize him with the video of "Fight for Your Right," since that was the song my generation listened to incessantly when the Beastie Boys hit it big. But it was a snarky satire that too many shallow poseurs took seriously, so the Beastie Boys grew to hate it and haven't actually performed it in decades. So instead, I offer this gloriously bizarre video for "Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win", which doesn't focus on the music very much but is directed by Spike Jonze, so you know it is entertaining. Enjoy.



Previously on Friday Night Videos...Berlin.

Now Playing: Count Basie The Atomic Mr. Basie
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment