Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Night Videos

weird al, yankovic, mandatory tour, mandatory fun, majestic theatre, san antonio, concert, lisa on location photography

In observance of "Weird Al" Yankovic's most excellent Mandatory Tour (which I review here) today I feature one of the best songs off his latest album, Mandatory Fun. Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" had a catchy R&B vibe going that I loved (which makes sense, since he lifted it from the great Marvin Gaye), but the misogynistic lyrics--not to mention video--made my skin crawl. To say that Weird Al became my savior with "Word Crimes" is a little overboard, but it's not coincidence he hit the top 40 with the parody. It's an incredibly clever grammar lesson, touching on many of my personal peeves. I rank it right up there with "Stop Forwarding That Crap to Me" as message music for our modern times.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Whitehorse.

Now Playing: Earth, Wind and Fire The Best of Earth, Wind and Fire vol. 1
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment