Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Armadillocon on the horizon

Goodness gracious! It appears that Armadillocon 39 has done snuck up on me. As is often the case, I will be a programming participant this year. Armadillocon has long been one of my favorite conventions to attend, which is fortunate, seeing as how the other cons I once frequented--Aggiecon and Apollocon--no longer share this mortal coil (the Dallas cons, great as they are, have proven difficult for me to attend with any regularity).

As I continue to redirect my efforts toward the writing of science fiction, post-Chicken Ranch detour, I will give a reading on Saturday from my in-progress novel, Sailing Venus. For good or ill, this will mark the first public glimpse of my current project outside of my irregularly-meeting writer's group. Feel free to bring rotten vegetables if you got 'em. Here's my full schedule for the weekend:

Friday
  • 8-9 p.m., Ballroom D, "They Wrote YA Before YA Was Cool"
    Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Twain... How many writers wrote YA before it was a category?
    J. Blaschke, D. Cherry*, J. Conner, P.J. Hoover, M. Mancusi, H. Walrath
Saturday
  • 11 a.m.-Noon, Ballroom E, "Science Fiction Set on Other Continents"
    Discussing challenges of writing sf set in Africa, South America, etc.
    J. Blaschke, N. Drayden, D. Hardy, G. Iglesias, N. Shawl*
  • Noon-1 p.m., Ballroom D, "Fannish Feud!"
    The ArmadilloCon Game Show tradition
    J. Blaschke, N. Shawl, T. Quachri, D. Webb, Ma. Finn*, S. Bobo, J. Brown, A.T. Campbell, J. Juday
  • 2:30-3 p.m., Room 102, Reading
    Sailing Venus excerpt
    Jayme Lynn Blaschke
  • 3-4 p.m., Dealers' Room, Signing
    J. Blaschke, K. Hoover, S. Leicht, B. Mahoney, T. Prevost
  • 4-5:30 p.m., Ballroom E, "Charity Auction"
    Come buy stuff to help raise money for the Literacy Coalition of Central Texas. Also, watch Jayme Blaschke utterly fail to make attendees forget the previous M.C., Mark Finn.

Now Playing: Postmodern Jukebox Historical Misappropriation
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment