Tuesday, January 23, 2018

So, the blog...

This hardly seems worth a dedicated blog post, but then again some explanation is in order. Long-time visitors to my blog may notice something of an aesthetic change here. The look is decidedly different. Since 2009 I've run this blog as "Chicken Ranch Gibberish" with the notion of promoting my then-in-progress book Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch: The Definitive Account of the Best Little Whorehouse. Which is all well and good, except for the fact that the book came out in August 2016 and here we are in January 2018. I've moved on to other writing projects, notably Sailing Venus, and the Chicken Ranch-centric design had lost its mojo, so to speak.

I've always felt green is an under-used color online, and my pre-Chicken Ranch blog was primarily green in design, so it seemed natural to go that route once again. Plus, I could incorporate some (subtle) tiki elements to go along with my other current obsession. Never fear, I'll still post the same dumb content I always have, and keep everyone up-to-date on any Chicken Ranch goings-on. But all good things must come to an end. Chicken Ranch Gibberish is dead. Long live Gibberish!

Now Playing: Julie London The Very Best of Julie London
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment