Friday, April 20, 2018

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Julie Brown first popped up on my radar when she submitted "Girl Fight Tonight" to KKBQ's song parody contest back in the mid-80s. By the time I got to college, she'd had her motion picture debut in "Earth Girls are Easy." The movie's relentlessly silly, but the standout scene is her video for "'Cause I'm a Blonde," which has nothing to do with anything else in the film and seems just an excuse to film a video at the movie studio's expense. It's cheesy and goofy as heck. My favorite local college band, Dr. Love and the Erogenous Zones, did a fun cover of it back in the day. That's about all I got, other than the standard "Summer is almost here, so that means pool and beach time!"

Previously on Friday Night Videos... C.W. McCall.

Now Playing: Les Baxter Tamboo!
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment