Thursday, February 14, 2019

Chicken Ranch redux, redux

I know what you're thinking: "Whoa, wait! Another Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch post? What's going on here?" I know, right? I've gone a long time without taking about that particular whorehouse, and now it seems like something's coming up every other week!

Today I'm heading back to Houston, where I'll be guest speaker for the Bellaire Historical Society's monthly meeting. I mean, what better way to spend Valentine's Day than learning all about the infamous Chicken Ranch? What could be more romantic? The presentation will be held in the CenterPoint Energy Community Room at 7001 5th Street in Bellaire. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the program beginning at 7:00.

And while I have your attention, can I take a moment to point out what a fascinating character our host, Mister McKinney is? A major history buff with a passion for the story of Houston and its environs, people with this kind of passion are few and far between. If you're of a mind to, how about giving him a "Like" on Facebook? You'll be glad you did!

If you know of a civic or business group in need of a speaker who can entertain and enthrall audiences with tales of a popular, yet widely misunderstood episode of Texas history, I am accepting bookings for the remainder of 2019!

Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch: The Definitive Account of the Best Little Whorehouse is available from both Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com. It's also available as an ebook in the following formats: Kindle, Nook, Google Play, iBooks and Kobo.

Now Playing: Les Baxter African Jazz
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment