Friday, March 29, 2019

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Talking Heads was the very first band I featured on my Friday Night Videos segment way back in 2006 (technically, I'd posted Sheena Easton the previous week, but I hadn't decided to make it a recurring feature at that time). I do so love the work of that band, even though David Byrne took over to the point where he refused to let them continue on after he departed (I like some of Byrne's solo stuff, but like so many others, being in a group seemed to bring out the best in his writing). That said, one of their signature pieces is actually a cover of Al Green's "Take Me To the River." I don't think I've ever seen an official video for that early hit, but when a brilliant performance from the Stop Making Sense tour exists, that's kind of a moot point.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Charlie Byrd & Stan Getz.

Now Playing: Various artists Two Zombies Later
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment