Friday, February 07, 2020

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I recently read an article about Huey Lewis' struggle with the poorly-understood Meniere's Disease, and it got me thinking about how Huey Lewis & the News so dominated the airwaves in the mid- to late-80s. They were so popular, they could do the strangest concept videos and nobody blinked an eye. Case in point: "Doing It All For My Baby" off the album Fore! I didn't like this one as much as Sports, although it was a massive hit. Still, there are a handful of songs on this album I like, and "All For My Baby" is one of them.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Kinks.

Now Playing: Jimmy Buffet Hotel Buffet
Chicken Ranch Central

1 comment:

  1. I remember when they came to A&M on tour. I think I camped out overnight for tickets, not real clear about that.

    I do remember a specific bit from the concert.

    They were starting up the intro to "The Heart of Rock & Roll" and Huey brought out a big drum machine. the entire crowd put out a big horse laugh. I think Huey was taken aback. He quickly responded with something along the lines of: Hey, ya'll bought the record". The crowd broke out in laughter and the concert continued on with no further ill will.

    ReplyDelete