Friday, December 04, 2020

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I'm never been much of a Katy Perry fan, so I certainly never expected to feature one of her videos here. I think a big problem I have with her is that a lot of her success is cribbed from other artists (for example, Dita Von Teese in this video, Jill Sobule and the Beach Boys on previous singles). Still, when I stumbled across "Cozy Little Christmas" I was fully prepared to hate it, but I don't. The song itself isn't particularly memorable, I think, but the video is wonderfully gonzo. The mid century modern flair is fun and the tiki nods certainly get my attention, but it's the stop-motion animation, carefully designed so as to avoid any trademark infringement from Mssrs. Rankin & Bass, that put it over the top. I mean, this thing is cheesy enough for a lifetime's worth of holiday dip. Dig in!

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Hal Ketchum.

Now Playing: Elvis Presley If Every Day was Like Christmas
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment