Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

During my freshman year of high school, back when I was first learning there was more than just "both kinds" of music (country and western) Rod Stewart's song "Infatuation" became something of an unwanted earworm of mine. I didn't know Stewart's history, mind you, beyond the fact that he'd done some disco stuff, which I didn't like. Now, of course, I love his Small Faces work, along with pre-disco stuff like the ubiquitous "Maggie May." I'm still not a huge fan of "Infatuation," but that video is so very, very 80s. I can imagine the coke-infused pitch session for the video: "So, you're stalking a gangster's moll, see? Binoculars and cameras. It's like that French film, Blow Up, real artsy. Only you're a peeping Tom and she's half-naked most of the time." Yeah, it doesn't get much more 80s than that.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Moody Blues.

Now Playing: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Last DJ
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment