Friday, April 23, 2021

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Just when you were getting comfortable with my ye-ye kick, along comes a curve ball to shake things up. "Rockaria!" has long been one of my favorite songs by Electric Light Orchestra, second only, perhaps, to their orchestral version of "Roll Over Beethoven." Clearly, these two are cut from the same cloth. So imagine my delight to discover the existence of a 70s-era music video for the song. It's not terribly sophisticated as far as cinematography and direction goes, but it's still pretty loopy, regardless. And I must confess, even separated by all the intervening years, I'm still a bit terrified of Jeff Lynne's hair.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Gillian Hills.

Now Playing: Electric Light Orchestra Eldorado
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment