Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Exotica Moderne

Exotica Moderne issue 14
I've not published anything in a while, but boy, I've got something new and interesting to share today! My writeup on Hugman's Oasis, the River Walk tiki bar that opened in San Antonio last June is featured in the current issue of Exotica Moderne, issue 14 to be exact. Not only that, but Secrets By Miss Lisa contributed some fantastic photography of the immersive tiki bar space, featuring model and burlesque performer Miss Something Blue.

I've professionally published millions of words (no exaggeration) over the course of my career and been translated into so many languages I've lost count, but this marks the very first time I've been published on the subject of tiki. That's kinda weird for me, seeing how tiki is really a hobby for me that's grown beyond all reason. I don't expect this to be the last writing on the subject I do, either. My one regret here is that Claudia Cabrera didn't live to see it published. She was instrumental in making the photoshoot happen, but the article was delayed multiple times for various reasons, and she was gone before it saw print.

Anyone who wants a copy of their own can order online at House of Tabu. A word of warning: THey don't offer subscriptions and once an issue sells out, it sells out. So don't lollygag. Grab your copy and let me know what you think!

Exotica Moderne issue 14 Hugman's Oasis

Exotica Moderne issue 14 Hugman's Oasis

Exotica Moderne issue 14 Hugman's Oasis

Now Playing: Antonio Carlos Jobim The Composer of Desafinado Plays
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment