Friday, October 21, 2022

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I've been a Pink Floyd fan since my long-ago high school days. I missed the band's late 80s tour for Momentary Lapse of Reason but was fortunate enough to catch the Division Bell tour in 1994, which turned out to be the band's swan song. It was a technically magnificent show, but a bit impersonal (which is understandable, taking place in San Antonio's Alamodome). Now, several decades later, Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason brought his Saucerful of Secrets group to Austin for a show in Bass Hall, focusing entirely on pre-Dark Side of the Moon material. I hope to do a full writeup in the near future, but let me just say here that it was magnificent. Fun, warm, personal and joyous. It was a marvelous show and amongst the many highlights was a fantastic rendition of "Fearless," which just so happens to be my favorite Pink Floyd song.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Le Trio Joubran.

Now Playing: Pink Floyd The Journey Suite
Chicken Ranch Central>

No comments:

Post a Comment