Wednesday, March 17, 2004

In which a new blog enters the world

I feel like such a sellout, jumping onto the blog bandwagon. But it makes sense for me to do so, I'm afraid. Can't deny the fact any longer that updating a web journal is a lot simpler and quicker than a web page. I don't have FTP at work, you know. And I've got dial-up at home (pretty fast dial-up, but dial-up nonetheless). Also, this will let me comment on life in general as it happens and clever, witty ideas spring into my mind. I've got opinions on everything, you know.

One thing you'll notice is that this web journal is hosted on Blogspot. That's not intentional. I fully intended to have it as part of my personal pages... but I finally had to give up and admit defeat for now. After a week of trying (and failing) to generate a post to my pages, I finally said enough's enough. I spent a couple of hours on the phone and in chat with tech support trying to figure out the problem. It's one of those FTP quirks--I keep getting timeout errors. But I know Blogger was able to actually log into my server space, because it told me when I messed with the paths and folders at that end. It just refused to upload anything. Tech support has no clue--everything should be working fine. But it isn't. So now I'm at Blogspot. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment