Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A lift for the spirits

Lookie here: Another review of Voices of Vision. This one is featured in a hardcover guide to popular fiction being published by Gale in 2006. The section it's included in is titled "What do I read next?"
The SF fan subculture has long been closely linked to professional SF writers, who have often been the subjects of interviews published since the late 1920 in both fanzines and professional magazines. Many of the early interviews were little more than puffery, but more recent interviewers usually maintain a more dispassionate stance. ....

The interviews were conducted in person, by telephone and/or by email and average about 10-15 pages, giving Blaschke room to ask follow-up questions. He appears knowledgeable, and his questions are sensible, and the answers often enlightening. The selection of writers is varied and includes writers not commonly interviewed. ....

Were I but able to convert my reviews into a batting average, I'd be a rich man, since I'm currently batting a thousand. Positive reviews are very nice indeed, but I must admit I'm floored that every single one thus far has been a thumbs up for my book. Not a rave, mind you, since it's not that easy to get worked up over an interview no matter how insightful it may be. But still. Whoulda thunk so many people would say, "Hey, that's not half bad." Certainly not me.

Now Playing: Billy Joel Fantasies & Delusions

No comments:

Post a Comment