Thursday, December 01, 2005

Book signing on campus

I had a book signing today at the university bookstore on campus, which I just realized I forgot to mention here. I hope nobody holds it against me.

For the most part, it was a typical booksigning. Patrons edged past us warily, a few brave ones asking "Did y'all write these books?" Mostly, the authors talked among themselves--I had the advantage of knowing James McWilliams and Eileen Morrison already through my job. A few folks picked up my "Suggested Reading List." One person already had a copy, bought previously from the local Hastings ("So you're the one!" I accused. That cheap joke got laughs). I even sold a copy to an interested passer-by. Pretty typical, in my experience.

The good news is that the professor who teaches the undergrad and graduate "Science Fiction Literature" class stopped by to talk. A big Delaney fan, she found my interview collection intriguing and would be willing to consider it as a course book--only Nebraska's online academic review copy request system seems to be on the fritz, and she hasn't been able to request one. I promised I'd look into it on my end. And I will, too. Landing an assigned text gig for the book would do wonders for my sales figures--particularly if I can get it into several classes. And, to top it off, the prof expressed interest in my planned follow-up volume as wel. Joy!

Now Playing: Stu Phillips Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack: 25th Anniversary Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment