Tuesday, June 06, 2006

W.5K

Managed to squeeze in a little writing time last night, although interruptions made it difficult to get a good rhythm going. Thus, I only managed to put down 500 words, some of which I share with you now:
"You also seem very nervous, for one so devout," she said lightly, leaning against the Kostel wall.

"I'm not nervous."

"No? You've mortared the same stone three times since we started talking."

Jachym stared at his hand holding the stone. Mortar oozed over it, covering his wrist and forearm. "Holds better that way." He shoved the stone into the hole.

This is a transitional chapter, and is proving to be as difficult to write as I anticipated. There are several key scenes/events that have to take place over the next 10 pages or so, but I don't yet have a clear idea of how they flow together or play out. Looks like I have something of a challenge ahead of me, eh?

And, since everyone else and their dog is doing it, I've decided to go ahead and put up one of those niftly little word count meters to track my progress. Mind you now, if it gets too depressing, I reserve the right to take it down.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
14,500 / 90,000
(16.1%)

Now Playing: The Police Message in a Box

No comments:

Post a Comment