Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Night Videos

I became a fan of Aerosmith in high school when the band's "Permanent Vacation" album came out, and quickly discovered their back catalog. You know, the good old stuff from the 70s. Then I saw them in Houston in concert, which stands out for the drum solo, in which the drummer strapped on some sort of synthesizer kit connected to his drum sticks, and proceeded to jump into the audience and "play" an extended drum solo on the crowd. Very cool. And Lisa's a big fan too, which comes in handy when we can't agree on what music to listen to on road trips.

Rag Doll is one of my fave songs off of that strong album, and has a killer video. I remember being dumbfounded when I first saw it, simply because I'd never seen anything that risque (granted, it's a stylized, tongue-in-cheek risque) on broadcast television before. And it still holds up well today, reminding me of a happy time before Aerosmith's music gravitated toward the commercial and formulaic.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Toto.

Now Playing: Pink Floyd Meddle

No comments:

Post a Comment