Friday, June 01, 2007

11 years

Today marks the 11th wedding anniversary of Lisa and myself. Wow. That's a long time, although I still remember many of the details of that day vividly, as if it happened only yesterday. The lunatic photographer, in particular, stands out. Not that I want him to, mind you, but memory is funny that way.

I'm not about to sit here saying that I hold the secret to a happy marriage. I don't. We've had great times and we've had rough patches. Thus far, we've managed to overcome the challenges life's thrown our way. But any way you look at it, 11 years is a heck of a long time for two people to live together and not strangle each other (Lisa insists those times I've woken up late at night with her pushing a pillow down over my face doesn't count as "strangling"). So, hey, I'm up for another decade-plus-one. Who's with me?

Now Playing: Various artists Johann Sebastian Bach: Harpsichord Concertos I

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Happy Anniversary - wow 11 - sort of remember you may have left marriage license at apt & Marya had to go get it & that cake but seem to have surprised you & wasn't even trying for that so that made it worth the effort. With all my love for you and all your family -- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jayme. Judy and I will mark 42 years on Monday. A long time, but it seems very short.

    ReplyDelete