Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flower, flower shining white

My favorite maypop, a Texas native passion flower, started blooming back in April. At the time I observed how intense the colors were this year. Well, that plant continues to surprise--below is a pic of something that showed up on the vine a while back, just to shake things up a bit, I suppose:

TexasWhite


All the rest of the flowers look like the first one that showed up in April (although the colors have muted somewhat since that first intense burst). But that hasn't stopped them from producing some nice-sized fruit.

TexasFruit


Can't wait to try some of that fruit in a batch of mead...

Now Playing: Derek & the Dominoes The Layla Sessions: 20th Anniversary Edition (the Jams)

2 comments:

  1. I've been telling my wife about the Texan passions ever since I saw some growing in Austin. Must plant them all along my fence-line, dang it!

    (You'll have to shoot me an e-mail about where to get them, care, etc. -- I really want to know.)

    Mikal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Is this what you suggested for out front, waiting on you to do it. Quess who

    ReplyDelete