Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Young Indiana Jones

My review of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume 1 is now live at RevolutionSF. You know, if you want my advice on whether or not the box set is worth the $90 or so it retails for.
I became a fan of Raiders of the Lost Ark -- and subsequent Indiana Jones films -- almost from day one, so it was with great enthusiasm that I pulled up a chair to watch the debut of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles as a college senior back in 1992. I remember the excitement I shared with my friends when George Lucas announced the project, and the unbearable anticipation as we counted down the days to series premiere. An Indiana Jones series!

I clearly recall that excitement just as clearly as I recall the growing horror I felt as I watched the pilot and realized Lucas had committed the one unforgivable blunder I'd never have expected of him: He made Indiana Jones boring.

And that's just the opening salvo. Imagine how the words fly once the battle is joined.

Now Playing: Billy Joel The Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment