Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Night Videos

I remember seeing Berlin's "No More Words" on Showtime's "Take 5" video intermissions in between feature movies. Keep in mind that I'd grown up in rural Texas, and was only just beginning to realize there were more than just two kinds of music (those being Country and Western). I didn't know what New Wave from a permanent wave, but this video featured a cool sound and a cute girl in Terri Nunn. What more did a teenage boy need? Plus, I'd seen Bonnie & Clyde not too long before, and that movie'd made an impression on me. So this video has remained a sentimental favorite for years. I'm not entirely sure what kind of social commentary they're trying to deliver--although I'm sure they thought it important at the time--but who really cares when you've got all those sweet, vintage cars on display?



Previously on Friday Night Videos... The Barenaked Ladies.

Now Playing: The Kinks The Village Green Preservation Society

No comments:

Post a Comment