Monday, February 25, 2008

Sick

Sunday night I went toe-to-toe with some virus or other and crumpled like a soda can taking on a steam roller. I first noticed something amiss when I climbed the stairs to read to my daughters at bedtime. I was winded. Short of breath. Now, I make no claims to being in shape, but that's extreme, even for me. Then there was the fuzzy-headedness. And some not-insignificant joint aches. By the time I finished reading with both girls, I was in full-blown "feel like crap warmed over" mode. I crashed into bed just as chills started up. It was a restless night. This morning I got up somewhat better, but nothing near normal. I took the girls to school then returned home, called in sick to work, and crashed again until about noon. I'm almost back to my old self, although I've got some cottonmouth and fatigue easily.

In other unrelated news, I've discovered quite a few of my seasonal passiflora planted out in the yard are sprouting. In February. This is early, even for Texas. The head count thus far includes two of my incarnatas--my "Texas Giant" and Georgia varieties--my affinis and the foetida var. gossypiifolia. This is in addition to the Incense, caerulea, Constance Eliott, Lady Margaret, Alata, Amethyst and Clear Skies that weathered winter without dying back. No sign yet of the Inspiration, but it's still early.

Now Playing: Various artists Reality Bites Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment