Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Communications & Marketing Director

Well, Russell Davis has announced it over on the SFWA Livejournal, so I might as well share the word with you folks as well: I am the new Communications & Marketing Director for Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America. I'm still not certain what he slipped into my drink during the Austin Nebs that would make me take leave of my senses so.

I've been the Chair of the SFWA Publicity Committee for a few years now, and have managed to do some Good Things, while falling short in other areas. My biggest frustration has been repeatedly being out of the loop on things that should flow through the publicity office, but instead I learn about them on random blogs and such. Hopefully, now that I have a fancy new title, we'll be more effective in branding SFWA and actively promoting all the good the organization does from now on.

Now Playing: Salsa del Rio Que Siga La Tradicion

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    Is it as glamorous as we all imagine it to be? Are there models and celebrities hanging on your every word? Caviar and champagne? Furries and SCA members hiding in the break room?

    ReplyDelete