Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ghost

I picked a thorn or something in the ring finger of my right hand. It's really annoying me, but thus far my extraction attempts have only met with futility. What's that got to do with the image I've posted below? Absolutely nothing.

IR_Ghost


You see, I ordered an infrared filter for my camera, and it came in yesterday. I took it out to Aquarena and experimented. Focusing is tough with it, since none of my lenses have in IR focal marker on them (infrared focuses at a different point than visible light). For this one, I set the camera for a 10-second exposure, then stepped into the frame at around the 5 second mark. Interesting effect, although I'm far from producing any IR images I'd even think about calling "good."

Now Playing: Aerosmith Get a Grip

No comments:

Post a Comment