Thursday, September 17, 2009

Help me with this knife in my back, willya?

I found it extremely odd that so many people congratulated me on my birthday yesterday. Odd, in that previous years said even came and went with hardly a peep. I don't generally make a big deal about my birthdays, and that suited me just fine for the 40th. So the broad public knowledge of this event--both online and in my work environs--baffled me.

Turns out The Wife, devious, wicked minx that she is, "casually" mentioned said fact in strategic emails throughout the day. Not unlike spies in Kabul alerting the Taliban to troop movements. The woman is cruel and merciless, I tell you. I don't know of anyone else who could put up with such shenanigans.

On the bright side, my brother and his fiancée took us out to dinner at Los Cucos. I had the most excellent fajitas, and a good time was had by all. Except... my future sister-in-law presented me with a birthday "gift" that included denture bond and suppositories. Yeah, The Wife got to her, too.

Paybacks are hell, ladies. That's all I've got to say.

Now Playing: Beastie Boys License to Ill

1 comment: