Thursday, September 16, 2010

Last will and testament

So today's my 41st birthday. Some men, at this stage of their life, embrace the mid-life crisis by taking a mistress, buying a Corvette or running with the bulls in Pamplona. None of that really appeals to me. Instead, I choose to ingest the Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango, also known as the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper:



I remember when this episode first aired, The Wife turned to me and said "You want one of those, don't you?" Well, that particular day-glo chili pepper may not exist, but it's real-life cousin, the Naga jolokia or "Ghost Chili" does. And here's the best part--Chunky's Burgers in San Antonio puts 'em on their signature Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse burger, along with jalapeƱos, serranos and habaneros. The burger gained fame after being featured on Man vs. Food:



Anyhoo, that's what I'm having tonight for my birthday dinner. I sincerely hope it kicks my fat butt--I'm sick and tired of "ATOMIC MEGA DEATH SAUCE" that my kids can eat without breaking a sweat. The very concept of "heatless" jalapeƱos for people who don't like hot peppers makes my skin crawl. Of course, this burger may peel my esophagus, but if it does I'll at least be satisfied that it lived up to its billing.

Now Playing: SubVision and Guy Gross Farscape: Seasons 1 and 2

2 comments:

  1. Scott Cupp9:29 AM

    So enquiring minds and ambulance chasing attorneys want to know, who won the Apocalyptic battle - you or the chili's? I got money riding on the chili's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you won, Scott.

    ReplyDelete