Friday, September 24, 2010

Stephen Colbert spars with my rep!

Stephen Colbert testified to congress about migrant workers, yadda yadda yadda. Let me just point out that Lamar Smith is my rep. I've never voted for him, and never will. This is, after all, the man whose constituents advocate stocking the Rio Grande with alligators to eat anyone trying to swim across. Therefore I'm particularly pleased that he lobbed Colbert these hanging curve balls to knock out of the park. Hey, the truth hurts.
Irritated Republicans spent much of the hearing trying to disarm Colbert with a combination of jokes and pointed questions.

"Does one day working in the field make you an expert witness, do you think?" Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) asked scornfully.

"I believe one day of me studying anything makes me an expert on something," Colbert replied confidently.

"Is that to say it's more work than you've ever done before, right?" Smith followed.

"It's certainly harder work than this," the comedian deadpanned.

Now Playing: The Twilight Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment