Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Night Videos

This is the genius of "Weird" Al Yankovic. It's like he has been spying on me for the past decade, and stealing all my best rants. The Snopes urban legend debunking? Yeah, that's me. I'm so merciless with people who forward that kind of crap without taking 10 seconds to check if it's legit or not (hint, a scathing "reply all" with links debunking the B.S. works great) that happily a bunch of people now go out of their way to not email me. Which makes me very happy indeed. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that this is, without a doubt, my favorite Weird Al song of all time. Yeah, ranking higher than even "White & Nerdy" and "Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung." And doggone it, the wordplay and animation in the video is inspired as well. Enjoy, and remember, "Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me" is not just a catchy song, it's a call to action.



Previously on Friday Night Videos... Nick Gilder.

Now Playing: Miles Davis Birth of the Cool
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment