Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I've long been vaguely aware of Charlie Byrd, but to be honest, he's an artist I've never paid much attention to. I just never came across his work, really. A month or so back, though, there was an estate sale near me and although they didn't have much of interest, there were quite a few old vinyl LPs dirt cheap. I picked up a few, one of which was Charlie Byrd's Bossa Nova Pelos Passaros, which I didn't get around to listening to until last night. Holy moly, but this is a mighty fine example of instrumental guitar bossa nova. I feel cooler just listening to it. "Meditacao (Meditation)" was a big hit for him back in 1962, and it holds up impressively today. Check out his finger work in the video!

Previously on Friday Night Videos... John Prine.

Now Playing: Charlie Byrd Bossa Nova Pelos Passaros
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment