Friday, October 04, 2019

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Rick Ocasek died a few weeks back, and I've been remiss at acknowledging his passing here. There was a time in high school when I was super-into the Cars. They dominated the radio with Heartbeat City, but being the obsessive that I am, I backtracked and listened to The Cars and Candy-O incessantly, and was particularly fixated by "Moving In Stereo" (hats off to Columbia Music Club for enabling my obsessions!). That said, I'm not sharing a Cars song today. That's too easy. Nor am I going with "Emotions in Motion," which is probably Ocasek's best-known solo song. No, I'm digging deep and sharing a track most Cars fans are probably completely unaware of, but Ocasek's distinctive sound instantly makes it his own. Yes, I'm talking about his cover of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" from the album Mad About the Mouse. The Cars had a lot of bizarre videos, but I doubt any of them have prepared you for this. You're welcome.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... David Byrne.

Now Playing: The Kinks Face to Face
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment