Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

I've always liked the Talking Heads and have enjoyed David Byrne's solo stuff, even if it is uneven. But I stumbled across this video he made for "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" and wondered how could I have missed it when it first came out not quite a decade ago? I mean, I was generally following him on his blog back then, yet it slipped past me. This is very much vintage Heads surrealism here. The mid-century modern aesthetic is lovely and detached and, to be honest, I have no idea what that whole shtick symbolizes, if anything. Sometimes weirdness for the sake of weirdness is its own reward.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Andy Taylor.

Now Playing: Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Whipped Cream & Other Delights Re-Whipped
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment