Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday Night Videos

Friday Night Videos

Peter Wolf hit it big with "Come As You Are" in 1987. I remember an article in Rolling Stone or somesuch that covered how Wolf compiled his album out of songs originally rejected by the J.Geils Band, which I found fascinating. Not so fascinating was his video, which featured Wolf bizarrely hopping around a 1950s town. It wasn't necessarily a bad video, but the era of MTV (or Friday Night Videos, because I didn't get MTV in my small Texas town) it was just baffling. It wasn't until decades later that I realized this video is almost a jump-for-jump homage to Bobby Van's 1953 performance of "Take Me To Broadway" From the film "Small Town Girl." After comparing the two, I'm much more impressed by Wolf's video.

Previously on Friday Night Videos... Men At Work.

Now Playing: Martin Denny Forbidden Island
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment