Monday, July 18, 2022

A Moment of Tiki: Dry July part 2

A Moment of Tiki episode 44
What's this? Jayme back with a rare mid-month episode drop for A Moment of Tiki? It's like a Christmas miracle! That's right, I'm back with episode 44: Dry July 2. If you missed the previous installment, the idea behind Dry July is that some folks who normally consume alcohol on a regular basis choose to abstain for a month. The reasons for doing so vary, but it has evolved into a national charitable event. Learn more at DryJuly.com.

Last time out, I shared my recipe for the Kokoleka Wai Niu, a rich, decadent sipper that it 100% tropical. This time out I go the opposite direction with the Tambulu Fizz, a recipe of my own devising that is a bright, light, intriguing sipper. I incorporate the dramatic (and somewhat unusual) flavors of rooibos tea, ginger beer and tamarind syrup to create a mocktail with flavor notes and mouthfeel to keep your tastebuds off balance for the duration. And I also give instructions for making tamarind syrup at home. Why isn't tamarind more ofen used in tiki cocktails? It seems like a no-brainer to me! Both recipes are included at the end of the episode.

Now Playing: Frank Sinatra The First Definitieve Performances
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment