Thursday, August 25, 2022

AUTHOR FEST!

Nesbitt Memorial Library Author Fest
They say you can't go home again, and in my experience that's generally true. But you can visit on occasion and that's exactly what I'll be doing this Saturday, August 27. The Nesbitt Memorial Library in Columbus (Texas, for all you folks who immediately thought Ohio or Georgia) is hosting an Author Fest 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Buddy Rau Room of the venerable Stafford Opera House. It's the kickoff event for a year-long bicentennial celebration of the town's founding. I--along with a baker's dozen authors from the surrounding areas--will be on hand to sign and sell copies of their various books. In addition to Inside the Texas Chicken Ranch, I will also have a few copies of the coffeetable photo book I co-authored with Lisa, Ghosts of the Chicken Ranch. Believe it or not, I also recently came across several copies of my 2005 interview collection, Voices of Vision: Creators of Science Fiction & Fantasy Speak, which I'll have there as well.

I have to say, every time I'm invited to participate in some event or other by the Nesbitt I feel a surge of joy. This is a place where I spent a significant portion of my childhood, devouring so, so many books. My love of science fiction was born here, when I stumbled across the intriguing cover of the young adult novel Battle on Mercury by Eric Van Lhin (ie Lester Del Rey). That one book hooked me and set in motion ripples that continue to impact my life to this day. For that I shall always be grateful. So if you're in the area, come on out and I will regale you with all manner of stories, some of which might even be true!

Now Playing: Les Baxter Music Out of the Moon
Chicken Ranch Central

No comments:

Post a Comment