Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wine baron

Honey wine, that is. This morning I took a bottle of my Holiday Spice Metheglin and one of my Raspberry Melomel to the Comal County Fair to enter in their homemade wine competition (right alongside the jams and preserves and homemade vinegars). Check-in went surprisingly easy, even though the ladies there acted baffled by the very concept of honey wine. Fortunately, there's a "miscellaneous" category to go along with the grape and fruit wine categories, so my mead found itself a home. Now comes the hard part of waiting for the judging--come Thursday night, will my labors be found worthy or wanting?

Now Playing: Fleetwood Mac Behind the Mask

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Surely you will be found worthy. However, if not, you have the method to drown those sorrows and disappointments.

    ReplyDelete