Saturday, December 09, 2006

Of whalers and pirates

Just finished the rewrite of "The Whale Below" and sent the story in to the Fast Ships, Black Sails anthology edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer to be published by Night Shade Books. Yes, this is the same story that got me dubbed a shameless panderer by Mr. VenderMeer. Did I mention I had people coming up to me at World Fantasy saying, "Oh! You're the shameless panderer"? Well, I did. So it is something of a relief to finally get this thing tweaked into shape and shipped off.

Funny thing though. While I was backfilling and filing down the rough edges, I got to thinking about how Magda and Capitan Valdez would go about getting a new ship to replace Avispa Feroz. And certain elements of a plot began to congeal in the nether regions of my brain, elements including contraband cannon, an amorous whore and a certain fellow by the name of Diego Brazos. Valdez and Magda may well have inadvertently bitten of considerably more than they can chew. Of course, I have to figure out when I might be able to write this thing...

Now Playing: Glasnots Brave Spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment