Monday, June 18, 2007

ITCORNRS

I see interesting things on the daily commute to work. Sometimes it's the Border Patrol in action. Other times it's a viking longship cruising for plunder. Today it was a Lotus Elise. I'm not wholly sure which is the most memorable.

I've seen several Lotus cars on the highway over the years, and always knew what they were instantly. Not so this time. I wasn't even aware of the Elise until I Googled it. Apparently this is a fairly new import, a variant on the Series 2 incarnation of the performance car, which has been popular in Europe for quite some time. The Elise I encountered was charcoal grey, immaculately polished, and dwarfed--believe it or not--by my PT Cruiser. The New York plates spelled out "ITCORNRS" and I couldn't help but think, "If that's not truth in labeling, I don't know what is."

Now Playing: Jerry Goldsmith & the National Philharmonic Orchestra Alex North's 2001

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 PM

    Pretty funny. That was my car. You must have been in Texas or traveling down I-10 towards Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet ride. It was on I-35 north between San Antonio and Austin.

    ReplyDelete